• CARSON-NEWMAN BASEBALL Winter Prospect Camp, for 2019-21 graduates, will be held Dec. 1, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $150. To register or to learn more, go online at totalcamps.com/carsonnewmanbaseball or call (865) 471-3526 or email Mark Allen Bounds at firstname.lastname@example.org or Brandon Roberts at email@example.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CHRISTMAS Basketball Camp, for boys and girls grades 3-12, will be held Dec. 20-21, from 9-11:30 a.m., on the campus in Jefferson City. Cost of the camp, which will be run by Eagles assistant coach, Shane Williams, is $500. To register or for more information, contact Williams at (423) 943-3037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS BLUE CHIP Basketball Fall Classic, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 16-18 at Carver Rec Center in Johnson City. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS THANKSGIVING Hoops Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 23-25. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BLACK FRIDAY GOODNIGHT MOON Hike will take place on Friday, Nov. 22, starting at 4 a.m., at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. This invigorating hike goes to the highest overlook in the park. Wear sturdy hiking boots, be prepared for a steep and rocky trail, dress for the weather and bring a flashlight. Meet at the Devil’s Backbone Trail parking area, the northeast corner of Hemlock Bridge.
• LIGHT UP THE NIGHT NEW YEAR’S Hike will take place on Jan. 1, 2019, starting at 12:01 a.m., at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Using old-time kerosene lanterns, participants will take a journey of discovery on this moderate 2-mile hike, which is for both adults and children and will be capped by hot cocoa. Children should bring a small flashlight because only adults may carry a kerosene lantern. Wear sturdy hiking boots and come dressed for the weather. Meet at the swimming pool parking lot.
• 38th WOMEN’S TURKEY TROT Run/Walk 5K, hosted by YWCA Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, is set for Saturday, Nov. 17 in Bristol, Tenn. Both the run and walk will begin at 8 a.m. on State Street near the historic Bristol sign and end in the YWCA parking lot. All race proceeds benefit the health and wellness programs of the YWCA’s Women’s Fitness Center. Preregistration cost is $25; race-day entry fee is $30. Registration forms may be picked up at YWCA, 106 State Street, or participants can register online at athlinks.com. For more information, email email@example.com or call (423) 968-9444.
• FOURTH GREENEVILLE CITY SCHOOLS Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving, Nov. 22. Early entry deadline is Friday, Nov. 9. Entry fees by that date are $15 for students, $25 for adults and $70 per family (up to four members in the immediate household); after that date, entry fees are $20 for students, $30 for adults and $75 per family (up to four members in the immediate household). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 823-0001 with questions.
• EASTMAN OPEN VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT will be held Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, and Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, at Kingsport-area middle and high school gyms. Preregistration is required; cost is $10 per player. Deadline to enter is Monday, Jan. 21. Women’s divisions will play Saturday and coed divisions will play Sunday; divisions require six-person teams with coed three men and three women. Contact Joe Douthat at (423) 224-7544 or Jack Henry at (423) 384-1765 or email@example.com.